A-24 Hour Door Service
· Company has an F rating with the BBB
· Complaints to the BBB allege deceptive sales practices
· It’s unclear if the company has a physical location in this area
April 14, 2009 – The BBB of the Mid-South is issuing a consumer alert on Tennessee Door, Inc., doing business as A-24 Hour Door Service, a commercial door repair and installation company. This business has an F rating with the BBB, based on unanswered complaints and deceptive sales practices.
Companies around town have indicated that representatives from A-24 Hour Door Service have shown up at their place of business claiming to be the company’s current door service provider and advising that it is time to have the door serviced again. In the past, they have allegedly claimed to have bought out other local door service companies, stating that they were the new service provider. A-24 Hour Door Service technicians also may attempt to place a sticker on a business’s door without permission in an attempt to mislead companies into doing business with them.
While they purport to be a local company, A-24 Hour Door Service is actually located in East Tennessee. It’s unclear whether they have a physical location in the Memphis area. When they get a local service call, they may subcontract it to someone who may not be reliable or qualified to do the work.
The BBB warns business owners to be aware that there are potential security risks involved if you don’t know who you’re dealing with and offers the following tips:
· Don’t let someone in your building simply because they say that they are your service provider.
· Call your current service provider to verify that the technician is associated with them.
· Don’t assume that the company is local.
· Check the company out with the BBB.